Do you know that you can save money by getting the book The Health Professions Educator by Gerald Kayingo, PhD, PA-C in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download The Health Professions Educator by Gerald Kayingo, PhD, PA-C for free.
Provides one-of-a-kind, in-depth guidance for improving effectiveness in the classroom
This is the only book for new and midcareer faculty that delivers practical, evidence-based strategies for physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other clinical professionals teaching in advanced health provider education programs. The text disseminates interprofessional teaching and learning strategies that can be used across the gamut of advanced clinical disciplines. It also features sample curricula and syllabi, lecture tips, evaluation strategies, and in-depth information about state-of-the-art technology and virtual classrooms.
Key pedagogical principles set a firm foundation for both novice and experienced educators, and practical applications and case examples integrated into each chapter offer concrete reinforcement. The text describes how to design and implement a curriculum that promotes cognitive diversity and inclusion, and examines ways to encourage leadership and scholarship. It addresses methods for fostering active learning and clinical reasoning through the use of technology, simulation, distance education, and student-centered pedagogy. Edited by experienced PA and NP faculty who are leaders in interprofessional education, the book distills the insight and expertise of top PA, nursing, and physician educators and provides valuable tools that help faculty become effective educators in the U.S. and abroad.
- Delivers cutting-edge "tools of the trade" for advanced health professions educators
- Provides evidence-based strategies for interprofessional education
- Describes key pedagogical principles for both beginner and advanced educators
- •Includes strategies to promote cognitive diversity and inclusion in the teaching environment
- Weaves practical applications and case examples into each chapter
- Offers strategies for faculty to establish and maintain work-life balance